SEA SALT CARAMEL CORN
Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn
1/8 cup + 1tsp. butter
1/2 cup sucanat
1 tsp. vanilla
Sea salt, to taste
1. Prepare popcorn and pour into a large bowl. (Note: I don't really have a sweet tooth, so I don't like my popcorn to be completely coated in caramel. I think it's best with a little bit of white popcorn showing through. If you'd like yours more evenly coated, just use a little less popcorn.)
2. Place butter, sucanat, and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Stir constantly, using spoon to break up sucanat crystals.
4. Once the mixture begins to boil, continue heating and stirring for ONE MINUTE. The timing is really important here, folks... I actually used the timer on my cell phone to figure out exactly how long it took to get it to just the right point. If you heat this any longer, it will quickly burn and turn into a shiny black lump of carbon in your pan! (I know this because I've burnt regular caramel several times...)
5. After one minute of boiling, remove caramel from heat and pour into bowl with popcorn.
6. Stir, stir, stir...
7. Add salt and enjoy!
|Place butter, sucanat, and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.|
|Stir constantly, using spoon to break up sucanat crystals.|
|Once the mixture begins to boil, continue heating and stirring for ONE MINUTE.|
|Stir constantly as the mixture begins to thicken.|
|After one minute of boiling, remove caramel from heat and pour into bowl with popcorn. Stir, Stir, Stir...|
|Add salt and enjoy!|