DAIRY FREE FROZEN COCONUT MILK
1 can of full-fat coconut milk
1 generous squirt of agave nectar
About 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
1. Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
2. Remove the can from the refrigerator and flip it upside down. This is important, because it allows you to open the can with the liquidy part of the coconut milk on top.
3. Pour out the liquid and save it for another recipe. You could use it in a smoothie, for example. I attempted to add it to a waffle recipe, thinking that it would add a wonderful coconutty flavor, but it was a flop. Don't bother trying it, or if you do, don't say I didn't warn you.
4. Scoop the hardened part of the coconut milk into a bowl and whip it with an electric mixer. Continue whipping until a whipped cream consistency is reached.
5. Add agave and vanilla, and continue whipping. At this point, you have coconut milk whipped cream, which is absolutely divine!
6. Scoop whipped cream into a bowl and set it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, remove and stir. After about 2 hours, you will have a wonderful "ice cream!"
7. Serve alone in a bowl, or topped with homemade natural chocolate syrup (I subbed sucanat for the cane sugar), or as a topping on some warmed up chocolate banana bread! YUM!!!
|Refrigerate coconut milk overnight. Flip can upside down.|
|Open can. You'll see the liquid part of the coconut milk on top. Remove and use in another recipe.|
|Scoop the more solidified portion of the coconut milk into a bowl.|
|Whip with an electric mixer (or a hand whisk, if you want to get really tired!)|
|Continue whipping until the coconut milk has thickened to a whipped-cream-like consistency.|
|Add agave nectar and vanilla.|
|Whip until blended. You now have coconut milk whipped cream!|
|Scoop into a small bowl and freeze.|
|After 30 minutes, remove and stir....|
|After 30 more minutes, stir again...|
|...and do the same after another 30 minutes passes.|
|Scoop (I used a cookie scoop to do this) and serve atop your favorite dessert. |
Here, it's pictured on some chocolate banana bread.