OVEN-BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES
1 large sweet potato
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
1/2 tsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garam masala or curry powder
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the sweet potato into steak fry sized chunks. I prefer to leave the skin on to maximize nutritional value, but feel free to peel it if you prefer your fries skinless.
2. Place the fries in a medium sized bowl and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle corn starch on fries; toss to coat. (This step isn't essential, but it helps make the fries crispier.)
4. Add spices (including salt) to bowl; toss to coat.
5. Arrange fries on a greased baking sheet so they are not touching. Bake on middle oven rack for 10 minutes. Flip fries, then bake for an additional 10 minutes. Your fries are technically done at this point, but I like to turn on the broiler and let them toast until brown before eating them. It's your choice!
|1. Cut the sweet potato into steak fry chunks.|
|2. Place in a medium sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.|
|3. Sprinkle with corn starch; toss to coat.|
|4. Add spices; toss to coat.|
|5. Arrange on greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 on middle rack for 10 min. Flip and bake an additional 10 min. Broil to brown, if desired.|
|Enjoy!! I like to dip my fries in ketchup, so I always look for a brand with all-natural ingredients that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup. There are quite a few out there that are really good!|