*Please leave a comment if you'd like me to do a baby food post. I've made a wide variety of organic purees for Baby C, who is eating them with gusto!
CRISPY SWEET POTATO CHIPS
2 small sweet potatoes
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp cornstarch
sea salt, to taste
non-GMO, no high fructose corn syrup, organic ketchup (for dipping)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice sweet potatoes to 1/8 - 1/4 inches thick. This would be much easier with a mandolin slicer, but I don't have that kind of cash (the good ones are expensive!) so I had to use my trusty kitchen knife instead.
3. Toss sweet potato slices with olive oil. Add cornstarch and toss again. The cornstarch isn't necessary, but it gives the chips a nice crunch.
4. Place chips on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and add more salt. Bake for 10 additional minutes.
6. Remove from oven, cool, and ENJOY!
|Slice sweet potatoes to 1/8 - 1/4 inches thick.|
|Toss sweet potato slices with olive oil. Add cornstarch and toss again.|
|Place chips on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and add more salt. Bake for 10 additional minutes.|
|Remove from oven, cool, and ENJOY!|
...and finally, here's a fun little image that was shared today on one of my favorite blogs - Oh She Glows. I have to say, this is EXACTLY how I'm feeling today!