FETA STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS FOR TWO
1 small eggplant
2 portabella mushrooms
1/2 of a roma tomato
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 clove garlic, diced
1/8 - 1/4 c. feta cheese
Olive oil for brushing
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch thick squares. Lay on lined baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove roasted eggplant from oven and reduce heat to 375.
4. Remove stems from mushrooms and use a spoon to scoop out gills. Brush mushrooms with olive oil, inside and out.
5. Dice half of a roma tomato. Mix in basil, oregano, garlic. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Layer eggplant, roma mixture, and cheese in mushroom caps. Bake for 10 min at 375.
|Cut into 1/4 inch thick squares. Lay on lined baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes.|
|Roast for 10-15 minutes and remove from oven.|
|Cut stems off mushrooms and use a spoon to scoop out gills.|
|Dice tomato; add spices.|
|Brush mushroom caps with olive oil, inside and out.|
|Layer eggplant, tomato mixture, and feta cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.|