Wednesday, July 3, 2013

3-Minute Black Bean Spread

As a vegetarian, I often find myself working to sneak extra protein into my meals.  One delicious source of protein is beans, so I cook with them a lot.  This black bean spread is simple, versatile, and bursting with flavor.  I used it in a wrap for these photos; but I can imagine using it as a dip for veggies, as a filling in enchiladas, or as a layer in one of those delicious seven layer salads you always find at picnics.  If you have 3 minutes to spare, I recommend you use them to make this recipe!



3-MINUTE BLACK BEAN SPREAD

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp salsa (make your own, or I like to use Mrs. Renfro's brand)
1/4 - 1/2 cup cilantro
3 tbsp. nutritional yeast

1.  Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse/blend until creamy and well blended.

2.  That's it!  It actually doesn't even take 3 minutes to make this, but I included an extra 2 minutes and 30 seconds so you could gather the ingredients and clean up.  :)

3. To make a wrap:

  • Melt some cheddar cheese onto whole wheat Indian roti (you can also use a sprouted grain tortilla).
  • Layer some bean spread on top of the cheese.
  • Add veggies.  I used mixed greens, tomato, and avocado.
  • Add quinoa or another grain to make your wrap more filling.

Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse/blend until creamy and well blended.
That's it!  It actually doesn't even take 3 minutes to make this, but I included an extra 2 minutes and 30 seconds so you could gather the ingredients and clean up.  ENJOY!


To make a wrap:  Melt some cheddar cheese onto whole wheat Indian roti (you can also use a sprouted grain tortilla).




Layer some bean spread on top of the cheese.




Add veggies.  I used mixed greens, tomato, and avocado.
Add quinoa to increase the protein content.



No comments:

Post a Comment