So, without further ado....
YUMMY BANANA CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SMOOTHIE
2 bananas, cut into chunks and frozen overnight
3/4 c. milk of your choice (I use organic whole milk)
1 1/2 tsp. chia seeds *
1 1/2 tsp. ground flax seed (flax seed meal)*
1 tsp. natural Mexican vanilla (much better-tasting than vanilla extract)
1/8 c. Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
Agave nectar or other natural sweetener, to taste
Small sprinkle of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
*Chia seeds are amazing little sources of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that help balance your blood sugar. They also help thicken liquid recipes, such as smoothies and sauces.
*Whole Grain flax seeds help boost your immune system, regulate your digestive system, and fight inflammation. Be sure to use ground flax seed in this recipe, as it makes it easier for your body to digest the nutrients.
1. Place banana chunks and half of the milk into food processor. Pulse until smooth. Continue to slowly add milk until you reach your desired consistency.
2. Add chia seeds, flax seeds, vanilla, and hazelnut butter. Blend until smooth.
3. Add sweetener to taste, if needed.
4. Top with unsweetened cocoa powder if desired.
5. Enjoy! This smoothie works well for breakfast or dessert.
..and now, the entire process in photos:
|1. Pulse bananas and milk, adding milk slowly until desired consistency is reached.|
|2-3. Add chia seeds, flax seed, vanilla, and hazelnut butter. Blend until smooth. Add sweetener, if needed.|
|4. Top with unsweetened cocoa powder.|