Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn

 Microwave popcorn is the BEST!  I love the fact that it's so quick and easy to make, and also that I don't have to haul out the air popper or dirty a pot on the stove in order to make it.  What don't I love?  All of the unusual-sounding chemicals found in every bag.  Even brands that label themselves as "natural" still contain some pretty interesting ingredients.  Don't believe me?  Check it out the next time you're in the grocery store!  This is a great alternative to store bought microwave popcorn because a) it's better for you, and b) it's WAY CHEAPER!!


BROWN BAG MICROWAVE POPCORN

Ingredients/Supplies:
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
Popcorn seasoning of your choice (I use sea salt)
Brown paper lunch bag

1.  Pour popcorn kernels into bag.

2.  Fold top of bag 2-3 times, until it is secure and short enough to fit in your microwave.

3.  Microwave for about 3 minutes, until you count 2-3 seconds between pops.

4.  Season and enjoy!  I prefer to sprinkle plain old sea salt on my popcorn and call it a day, but feel free to get as creative as you like.  Butter, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, chili powder... whatever you like!


Gather ingredients.
Pour popcorn kernels into bag and fold over a few times.  Microwave for about 3 minutes.
Season and ENJOY!!


Yum!


Another reason I like this recipe is that I always have a willing cleanup crew when I inevitably spill popcorn
while opening the bag.
All natural and DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment