Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Super Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies

C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me!  Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?  I know that I sure do, and so do all of my faithful taste-testers who helped in the development of this recipe.  I had to try THREE TIMES to get it just right.  I wanted to create a chocolate chip cookie that would incorporate whole foods ingredients, at the same time providing a blast of delicious vanilla flavor in each bite.  I hope you enjoy the end result.  I know that I have a hard time resisting them!


SUPER VANILLA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Ingredients:

3/4 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup sucanat*
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter** 
2 1/2 tsp. natural Mexican vanilla (use only 1 tsp. if using regular vanilla extract)
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups graham flour (can sub whole wheat pastry flour)
1 cup ground rice flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips***

*Learn more about sucanat here.
**Learn about coconut oil vs. butter here.
***Choose chocolate chips with as high a cocoa content as possible.

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2.  Beat agave, sucanat, egg, butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.

3.  Stir in flours, baking soda, and salt..  Stir in chocolate chips.

4.  Scoop dough balls onto cookie sheets, placing 2 inches apart.  I use a cookie scoop to ensure same-sized cookies.

5.  Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on rack.  I found that these cookies had to cool for quite a while (30 min or so) before they solidified enough to pick up.  After that, they were perfect!

YIELD:  Just over 2 dozen cookies.

Beat agave, sucanat, egg, butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.

Stir in flours, baking soda, and salt..  

Stir in chocolate chips.

Scoop dough balls onto cookie sheets, placing 2 inches apart. 

 Bake 8-10 minutes. 

Cool on rack.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment