Guacamole and pico de gallo... what a combination! I love to make these two recipes at the same time since they taste so darn good together. Plus, I actually save time/effort, since most of the guac ingredients are contained in the pico. Aside from some chopping, this is a super quick and easy set of recipes that pays back in a big way once you start eating!
FRESH & TASTY GUACAMOLE AND PICO DE GALLO
2 ripe avocados
2 ripe roma tomatoes
1/2 medium sized red onion
1 large handful fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
1/4 jalapeno (optional)
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cap full white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut avocados in half. Using a spoon, scoop the "meat" out of the peel. Be sure to get every last bit of it!
2. Save the pit for later.
3. Using a fork, mash the avocado to desired consistency. I like to leave it a bit lumpy, so there are some chunks of avocado in the guacamole. Set aside.
4. Chop tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Finely dice garlic and jalapeno.
5. Mix all chopped and diced ingredients in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice on top and mix again. This is your pico de gallo!
6. Add 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. of the pico de gallo to the mashed avocado. Mix well. Add 1/2 cap full white vinegar, and stir.
7. Add salt and pepper, to taste. As always, I love a ton of salt! :)
8. You should have a significant portion of pico de gallo, along with a nice bowl of guacamole. Enjoy them as dips, add-ons to baked potato or eggs, or inside a burrito or burrito bowl.
9. If you have leftovers, the pico de gallo can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge. The guacamole can be stored the same way, but be sure to place the avocado pit in the center of your dip to prevent browning (See? I told you to save it!)
|1. Cut avocado in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the "meat."|
|Be sure to get all of it!|
|2. Save pit for later.|
|3. Using a fork, mash avocado to desired consistency.|
|4. Chop tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Finely dice jalapenos and garlic.|
|5. Add all chopped and diced ingredients to a bowl. Mix. Squeeze lime juice on top, stir. Pico de Gallo is finished! To make guacamole, add 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. of pico to the mashed avocado. Add vinegar and stir.|
|Two delicious treats! Add them to baked potato, egg, or burritos, or just use as dips.|
|Tonight for dinner, we're having burritos stuffed with rice, corn, black beans, farmer's cheese, PICO DE GALLO, and GUACAMOLE! ( P.S. Meat Eaters, my husband will add some seasoned chicken or pork to his burritos...)|